Seven Principles Of Healthy Living:
1) Maintain a healthy weight. Excess body fat cells produce chemicals that cause heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, and many more. Aim for a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or less
2) Exercise. Be more physically active. Working muscle cells produce chemicals that reduce heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, diabetes and obesity. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, included resistance exercise and intense intervals to build muscles for better health.
3) Relax. Learn to control stress. Chronic stress leads to poor mental and physical health. Get involved in productive, and pleasant activities involving family, friends, community and spirituality.
4) Get Proper Nutrition. Balance calories consumed with calories burned. Cut back on simple carbohydrates, especially chips, cookies and commercial baked goods. Eat more lean protein. Eat healthy fats, Fish and fish oil, Oils from fruits and nuts and seeds. Avoid vegetable oil, especially if hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated (as most are). Take a high quality supplement with antioxidant vitamins and minerals
5) Maintain Dental Hygiene. Chronic calm and tooth disease are associated with heart attack. Chronic infections in the mouth and elsewhere produce chemicals that cause heart disease.
6) Don't smoke, use drugs or excess alcohol, don't engage in risky behaviors.
7) Be informed, be prepared. The informed consumer as ultimate power, know what you want and demand it. Learn all you can about proper human nutrition, then share it. Know where to go for professional help if you are sick or injured. Resolve conditions as soon as possible.